Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baking Bread and Eating it, too!

It has been quite chilly here in Arizona.  I guess because we had such a hot, long summer, someone is trying to put us in the holiday mood.  I know this kind of weather puts me in a baking mood- my family thanks me for it.
I tried this recipe I have been wanting to try-waiting for a cold day so I could put the oven on and have the house smell delightful!
After the dough rose, I braided it and then it must rise for another hour.  Isn’t she pretty?
100_0606
After the dough rose for another hour, I put an egg wash on the dough and placed some sesame seeds on the 2 loaves!  Oh, so shiny!
100_0609
After baking for only 20 minutes, the final product!
100_0610
This was a real lot of fun and SO rewarding after all the rises and baking.  There is nothing like the smell and taste of fresh, homemade bread.  Your family will LOVE you for it!  Score-now maybe I can entice my daughters to clean their rooms.  Clean room=homemade, sesame-seeded bread. I don't know smile
Everyone wins!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your braided bread is Beautiful!

P.S. Regarding where I got the ribbon pedastal cake stand: I bought it at TJ MAXX quite awhile ago.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting:) Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...