Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Have you been shopping and shopping, wrapping, addressing those Christmas cards, baking, crafting, decorating the house(not just the tree) and saying to yourself “I cannot wait for Christmas to be over”.  Go ahead, admit it….it’s okay!  If you are reading my blog, you have taken a few moments to do something other than “Holiday stuff”.   

I always obsess about the holidays and wanting it picture perfect and it always ALL falls into place.  It really is about spending time with our families and reflecting on all the joys in our lives.  I look back on my childhood and miss my grandparents SO much and I find peace knowing they will always be with me.   Some of my recipes are my grandmother’s and date back generations.  My LOVE for baking and cooking was bestowed on me from my grandmother-what a wonderful gift she gave me…

I recently saw this embroidery file from

 http://www.embroitique.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1006&zenid=62df23e3afc14dc05daa82e0a3585e84

and knew I had to have it… It reminds me of the reason for this wonderful time of year.  My 4 year-old niece, Miss Kate, LOVES, LOVES anything PINK!  I quickly embroidered it and gave it to her!  In her mind, trust me, Christmas SHOULD be pink. 

Christmas Sewing 006

For me the Holidays just would not be the same without LOTS of baking… Here is a cake I made using Nordicware’s Christmas Wreath pan=LOVE it!!!

Christmas Sewing 013

From my home to yours(or my computer to yours) I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is soo cute! I agree with the Pink Christmas too! Lol. I am getting an embrodiery machine soon so thanks for the link! I wll need all the help I can get from online sources. Merry Chrismas to you & your family!

Just Jo said...

Denise-I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! If you have any questions about embroidery, feel free to email me-my husband's motto is "she has an embroidery machine and she's NOT afraid to use it" Yep, LOVE, LOVE embroidery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...