Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Must Read

Have I ever mentioned how much I love to read.   Possibly as much as much as I enjoy sewing.  My sewing room isn’t as portable as I would like it to be.  Wouldn’t that be cool?  Okay, enough wizardy for a moment.

When I am on-the-go, I love a good book.  Sometimes it’s my Nook or a good old-fashioned book.  Doesn’t the smell of a new book and the act of turning pages so quaint-I know!! 

When I received an email from church looking for donations for a raffle basket, I could not resist.  The theme is reading!  The list complied of donations to purchase a Kindle and various reading-related items.  Barnes and Noble gift cards, books, eyeglass case, and  a “book bag”.  A book bag-that would be fun and possibly the one item they would not receive.

I have an APP for thatRolling on the floor laughing!  I have an awesome tutorial and some fabric possibly laying around, so a book bag is born…  Of course, a matching accessory bag is a must.  I picked this fabric combination hoping to appeal to most.  One-size-fits most!  I hope!

Jo's Sewing 031

Jo's Sewing 037

All wrapped and ready to be delivered for the raffle basket… Is it wrong to secretly want to win this basket of goodies? 

Jo's Sewing 042

The tutorial is from Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine!  Here is the link to this easy tutorial. 

http://digital.dzgns.com/Vol64/start.htm

The cute accessory bag is a in-the-hoop project.  Love that!

http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=154

Who doesn’t need a read bag?

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...