Thursday, January 7, 2010

Family Room/Kitchen Remodel

I have had several requests to share some pictures of our remodel.  This took many weekends of painting, tiling the family room floor, and making the valances and curtains!   Whew!  I am grateful that this process is over and now I can look back and enjoy all our hard work.  I am always amazed at how just painting a room a different color has a metamorphic effect.    The room was red(yes ,red) and the other walls a mustard yellow.  I sometimes miss my red kitchen.  Nothing energizes a room more than red!!  Currently, the rooms are beige and a deep chocolate brown on accent walls.  Love it!!   Here are some before and after pictures!




DH and  I recovered the valances with new fabrics -with staple gun in hand and tenacity!  I sewed the panel curtains you see!  Sew fun!   I have some leftover fabrics to make some coordinating pillows.  On my to-do-list!  This is a great time of year to redo a room and it is so rewarding when you do it as a team!  What room would you like to makeover? ;)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I really like the way your room has transformed. Like the way you recovered your valences the fabric selections are awesome.

Anonymous said...

That's a big difference, it looks so warm and inviting. Also, the colors you chose are spectacular. Love the way you coordinated the fabric and accessory colors

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...