Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple Flowery Skirt!

OMG!  I am in LOVE with this simple technique to sew up a skirt or dress! The tutorial is actually for a dress attaching a tank top to the skirt.  I did not have one I wanted to part with, so I figured-why not just make a skirt!
I did just that and only used the 44" inches of the fabric and not the 60" suggested.  I want to do a 60" wide one so it will be fuller and flirty-looking!

Hawaiian Skirt 001
The fabric is from my stash-purchased from Joann's a few years ago.  I think a matching headband is in order.  Imagine this with a black tank top and some fun accessories such as a black necklace, matching earrings, and one of those chunky bracelets!
Here is the tutorial I followed:
http://megannielsen.com/2010/06/diy-fridays-how-to-make-an-elastic-waistband-dress.html

Thanks Megan for a great, easy, and fun tutorial! Thanks for the inspiration!
I am off to the store to buy some tank tops for my DD's and myself to make more of these! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...