Thursday, June 24, 2010

So Beachy

Not only have I been preparing for vacation, but my poor blog has been on vacation, too!  I have a few projects that I completed prior to our family vacation and was too busy to post them.    I have been home for a couple of days and have been trying to get back in the groove. Sigh....
We went on a Caribbean cruise and had lots of fun.  By far, the time spent on the beach was awesome.  For us Arizonians, the beach is a real treat!  I miss the beach already...
Here is a beach ensemble I made my youngest DD, Sierra, who is SO fun to sew for.  I promised her a beach bag and this is what I came up with.

Sierra's Beach Emsemble 009
Pocket on the inside for all her little things!
 Sierra's Beach Emsemble 013
I just LOVE, LOVE the fringed flip-flop appliqué, that I cannot recall where it is from.  I added a keychain to the beach bag for her never-ending collection of key chains!
Sierra's Beach Emsemble 014
What beach diva is without a matching cover-up?  This cover-up was RTW on super clearance from Target last summer.  $2.48 and voila-ribbon and appliqué flip-flops and it goes from vanilla to cookies-and-cream like!

Sierra's Beach Emsemble 016
Sierra's Beach Emsemble 017
Sierra just LOVED this set and strutted on the beach with it.  Reality is once on the sand, the beach bag fell from her hands and her cover-up came off her faster than a wardrobe malfunction!  ;)
Sierra's Beach Emsemble 018
Both fabrics are from Joann's.  It is home dec/outdoor fabric.  I used webbing for the handles and lime-green polka-dot ribbon for the pockets(yes those are pockets) and for the trim on the cover-up-also purchased from Joann's.
The flip-flop appliqué on the cover-up is from  http://planetapplique.com/all-appliques/flip-flops-applique/prod_312.html
As I am blogging to you and thinking of the beach, which was unbearably hot and humid, I am glad to be home in the desert of DRY HEAT.  Weather forecast for today-112!  Honestly, feels better than the 90 degrees on the beach.  Really....
It feels good to be home and being creative, once again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...