Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Fast Sew!

I think that is the name of the game these days, my mantra, so to speak!  Fast sewing.  Summer time is here and it seems as if sewing goes on the back burner.  Not my ideal, comfort-zone, don’t like, not fair, I miss my fabric, etc…. Okay, now that my rant is over(at least for today) here are some quick projects for my nephew and niece.

On Easter Sunday, my family was over his house spending Easter together, and Michael was reading and reading all the new books he received.   Hmmmmm, reminds me of my 2 daughters(and myself).  We are a bunch of bookworms for sure!  Well, that is the inspiration for this tote bag for him.  My sister frequents the library  and the bookstore with the kids LOTS during the summer.  As do my 2 DD’s and myself!  Perfect for him to carry his new treasures in!  I also placed a fun little activity book in there and some new crayons.

100_0338

But of course, for Miss Kate, something pink or a dress created from my sewing room has to be…

100_0345

100_0346

I think I accomplished both!

Just as these are fast sews, this is a fast blog post, too!  Enjoy your holiday BBQ’s this weekend.  I plan on that….Now off to the kitchen to cook up some holiday treats!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...