Monday, February 15, 2010

It's all in the bag....

Well, I think the sewing witch, demon, or witch with a "B" may have left the building-or at least my sewing room for now!  I had a weekend full of accomplishments and that is always a GOOD thing!  Especially when it pertains to my sewing projects!  I am sure sewers understand that from time to time you may hit a snafu here and there!  As you may recall, I had a bunch of snafus....
On a much more positive note, I took a class at Joann's last week.  It was an insulated lunch tote class.  I took the class with hopes of learning at least 1 new sewing technique.  It is also fun to meet with other fellow sewers!  Well, I did accomplish that.  I did not accomplish the completion of my lunch tote.  I was on the last leg of completion when I decided that I did not like the closure they wanted.  Also, way too many grommets....













So, I took it home and completed it(finally) and this is what I came up with.  I LOVE the decorative scarf and the fold-over cuff!

Sewing 001

 Sewing 005
This lunch tote has brown vinyl inside and Insul-Brite.  I prewashed both fabrics, so it will be okay to wash it in the future!

The biggest compliment I received was from my youngest DD.  She said "Mommy, you DID make that for me, right?"  How do you answer that?  With a big hug and a "Yes, of course".  Okay, well I stole the hug....

Yes, it really is "all in the bag"



button (2)

3 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

Oh my! That is soooooo cute. I love it!

Krista B. in Ohio said...

I love this! Any interest in sharing a tute on this one:) ???

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I love all the bags that you have made, but this is by far my favorite! We only have a Hancock's and Hobby Lobby here (as well as some small shops), but I hear we're getting a Joann's and I cannot wait!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...