Honestly, I have SO much fabric that I could make 20 shirts and just barely put a dent in my stash. Something jumped out at me when my DH did not want this shirt. I bought this for him several years ago and he wore it but a few times. He said he did not like the pocket on the shirt- he does not like pockets on shirts(Note to self...)
Here is his shirt-Not SO bad...;(
First I cut the fabric into several pieces.
I found a pattern that I thought my DD would like in my pattern pile. It is Simplicity # 4123. I laid out the pattern pieces to the pieces of cut fabric(men's shirt) and it looked like it would work!
I have to admit, some pieces JUST made it! The pattern was not a button-down shirt, but I thought using the button-down would add some flair.
This was like putting a puzzle together! Fitting the pattern pieces to the cut shirt!
Here is the outcome!
I used a thick rolled-edge on my serger and then gathered 2 strips of fabric to create a ruffle.
I still had the placket from the back of the shirt. It was sewn on the bias and a bit stretchy. I liked the way it looked and thought-girl=accessories. Headband! Quick, turn on the sewing machine!
One happy daughter= a
Yes, DD, I KNOW Green Day is the name of a band....