Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hawaiian Top repurposed for DD!

Today I am really donating a pile of clothes that I have in my car!  When I come across the bag, it seems as if an article of clothing screams out to me to "save" them!  I LOVE hawaiian/tropical prints!  They are so casual and fun and bring me back to beautiful beaches and swaying palm tress... Yes, we have LOTS of palm trees here in AZ, but NO beaches.  Miss that....
Here is my DH's shirt he donated because he did not like what the fabric was made of!  It is very silky and flowy, not your usual cotton shirt!
Sierra's Hawaiian Shirt 002
I grabbed this shirt out of the pile(again) and decided it would make a great summer top for my DD!  She also loves hawaiian anything.
I used McCall's pattern # M6009.

M6009
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6009-products-10707.php?page_id=843&search_control=display&list=search
This is one of their "easy stitch" patterns and I would definitely use this pattern again.  This sews up really fast and I love the swing top style!  I am currently sewing a dress out of this pattern as well.  Stay tuned!
Here is my DD modeling her new top!  She was so delighted that she wanted to try it on right away.   Usually when she comes home from school, she needs some moments to unwind.  When I showed her this new shirt, she grabbed it from me!
Sierra's Hawaiian Shirt 007
Sierra's Hawaiian Shirt 005
I am pleased that she is pleased! ;)  As I hear hawaiian music in my head and sipping a mai tai, I realize that my vacation is almost over.  3 days of school left= 3 days of vacation left....  Another mai-tai PLEASE.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...