Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't snicker at these Snicker doodles!

When you are looking for a cookie to "comfort" you or just a great kid-approved(adults too) this is a great go-to recipe.  If you are a cinnamon-freak as I, you will LOVE this recipe.  I can compare this to Otis Spukmeyer  or a Mrs. Field type cookie.  So soft and the taste of cinnamon sugar takes over your senses.  The soft texture of this cookie is what really does it for me. 
Here they are scooped so perfectly with my cookie scoop!

stuff 087
stuff 090

Fresh out of the oven.... Mmmmmmmm.

stuff 093

Placed on a decorative plate to appeal to our inner Martha!

stuff 096
stuff 097
This great recipe was shared with me from my daughter's Girl Scout Troop Leader, Jen!  Not only does she do a WONDERFUL job of inspiring the girls, she has a taste for some great cookies.  To assist with the girl scouts baking badge, we needed a recipe that was easy for the girls, fun, quick, and definitely tasty!  This definitely fulfilled ALL those requirements. 
If it passed the taste test of 10 girl scouts( and a few adults) I suggest giving this a try.  As you can see, it only makes about 2 dozen cookies, but can easily be doubled or tripled.   The recipe directions mention vanilla extract, but there is no given amount in the ingredient section-I added 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract and they were great!

Thanks a million, Jen!




Snickerdoodles

Happy Baking,
button (2)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, you mention vanilla, but these is no measurement for it.....they sure look good. Joy

Just Jo said...

Yes, you are right. I totally forgot to mention the recipe as it was given to me was just that. I decided to add 1 teapoon vanilla extract and they came out wonderful! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...